I have several Martins who have each married a Harrison. Can you tell me more about any of these Martins? Can I assume the Martins were Presbyterian? The Harrisons below were most likely Presbyterian. Who was the first Martin to come to County Monaghan? Or who was the progenitor, earliest known Martin?
1. Sam Martin of the townland of Drollagh, County Monaghan, married Nancy Harrison. She may have been the daughter of Arthur Noble Harrison (b. 1785, may have died in 1871, maybe not). Arthur was of Annyart. Her twin was Letitia who married Sam's brother, James Martin of Moy. Who was the father of Sam and James? Where did he live?
2. James Martin of the townland of Moy or Moye, County Monaghan, married Letitia Harrison. Letitia may have been the daughter of Arthur Noble Harrison of Annyart (b. 1785, died about 1871). Letitia's town, Nancy, married James's brother, Sam Martin of Drollagh. Who was the father of James and Sam Martin? Where did he live?
3. On 29 June 1882 at First Castleblayney Presbyterian Church, Margaret Ann Martin (1861-1937) married Robert Harrison of Tullyraghan, County Monaghan, Ireland (born about 1851, d. 1932). Margaret Ann Martin was the daughter of John Martin and Elizabeth Crozier; John and Elizabeth Martin married on 30 May 1854, Castleblayney.
4. John Martin and Elizabeth Crozier; John and Elizabeth Martin married on 30 May 1854, Castleblayney. Who was the father of John Martin and where did he live?
5. John Harrison (b. 1760s, died 1797) of Camoly Ball, County Armagh, married X. After John Harrison died, his children were raised by their grandfather, __ Martin. Who was the grandfather? What was the name of the wife of John Harrison, __ Martin?
Are any of these Martins related to each other?
The Harrisons of County Monaghan are really two families with a common ancestor born back in about the 1300s.
1. James Harrison of Church Hill (b. 1730s) and his cousin Hugh Harrison of Ballybay (b. 1760), and Hugh's [son or close relative] James Harrison of Cootehill.
2. James Harrison of Tullyraghan (1820-1890)
Polly Lynn, pkljdl AT gmail.com
1 post • Page 1 of 1