Capt John Haire, Glasslough

thegabba11

Capt John Haire, Glasslough

Post by thegabba11 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 pm

I am trying to find details of my 3GGrandfather, CApt John Haire 1772-1861. He died in Glasslough in 1861 age 89. He had a son Francis Haire who married Jane Jude in St Pauls Dublin in 1848. Francis and Jane emigrated to Adelaide< South Australia in 1849 where he set up a School. He had a degree from Trinity College Dublin. Francis died in 1864 in Adelaide. A daughter, Emily Jane Haire is my great Granmother. CApt John served in the 51st foot with Garrison Duties in Tasmania and, reportedly, Adelaide in 1841.
I can find no further ref for John in Ireland. We know that he had a daughter Anne Jane who married Isaiah Charleton of Tully. Fermanagh. They had children including John Haire Charlton, 1829-1909 and Rev Harcourt Peter Charlrton 1834 to 1911 (died Stranraer SCO).
His Probate named a Francis Haire of Drumcrin as executor. This Francis is possibly a nephew as there is a considerable gap in ages. This Francis shows in Griffiths Val'n and his son Francis in the 1901 census at Drumcrin.
Any clues would be helpful.
( I don't think he is connected to the Haire family of Hamilton Haire, Fermanagh and Armagh Manor, Ballagh.)
William O'Reilly, Brisbane QLD (of Westmeath O'Reilly's - but that's another story)