Niblock family of County Monaghan

pkljdl@gmail.com

Niblock family of County Monaghan

Post by pkljdl@gmail.com » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Dear All,

I am interested in learning more about 18th century Niblocks of County Monaghan. Who could be the father of my Miss Niblock below?

A Miss Niblock married James Harrison of Church Hill townland, Castleblayney town, Co. Monaghan. James was born about 1730s. A letter from 5 June 1910, written by Mrs. Edward William McBirney of Willet, New York, says:

"Said James Harrison had three wives the first being of the name of Niblock. Her children were all sons namely
James who married a Kinnier [James was born either about 1767 or about 1778, wish I knew which.]
Joseph ... Anderson [Joseph was born about 1776.]
William unmarried first to emigrate [William was born 1761.]
Thomas married a Bailey" [Thomas was probably older than Joseph and definitely younger than William.]
(Harriet Sophia McCray McBirney of Willet, Cortland Co., New York, letter of 5 June 1910 to Malcolm Brown MacIntire of possibly Chicago.)

Comments. Another source has James's first wife as __ Dunn, mother of the eldest son William Harrison and John Harrison. (William Harrison of Mangapai, New Zealand. Memoirs, about 1900-1903.) Yes another sources says that James Harrison had four wives. (Toodie and Jim Harrison, about 1940.)

Polly Lynn, pkljdl AT gmail.com