larkin - Carrickmacross

malshie

larkin - Carrickmacross

Post by malshie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Morning this is my first message and I am looking for help please.

I will be visiting Co Monaghan at the end of July heading for Carrickmacross to a place called Corcreagh. Does anyone know the area? if so is there a local Roman Catholic Church that would hold Baptism/Marriage Records for the 1800's? Also not sure if I am able to ask but could anyone recommend a local B & B please?

I am researching the name Larkin
Kind Regards
malshie

mjkelly

Re: larkin - Carrickmacross

Post by mjkelly » Fri May 14, 2010 4:40 pm

New to this board, and just saw your post. My grandmother was Mary Richards, born in nearby Raferagh in 1867, immigrated to NYC in the 1880's, had brothers James and Patrick, possibly sisters. I know that she had cousins named Larkin, met some a very long time ago, and since Raferagh is very near Corcreagh, there must be a connection.

Mike Kelly

minnie

Post by minnie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 pm

mjkelly wrote: New to this board, and just saw your post. My grandmother was Mary Richards, born in nearby Raferagh in 1867, immigrated to NYC in the 1880's, had brothers James and Patrick, possibly sisters. I know that she had cousins named Larkin, met some a very long time ago, and since Raferagh is very near Corcreagh, there must be a connection.

Mike Kelly
mjkelly wrote: New to this board, and just saw your post. My grandmother was Mary Richards, born in nearby Raferagh in 1867, immigrated to NYC in the 1880's, had brothers James and Patrick, possibly sisters. I know that she had cousins named Larkin, met some a very long time ago, and since Raferagh is very near Corcreagh, there must be a connection.

Mike Kelly

I have relatives named Larkin and some Hollands from Carrickmacross

minnie

Post by minnie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I believe my Larkin grandmother was born in Corcreagh.
Minnie

AidanL

Post by AidanL » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi

Just checking did you get an update of the Larkins from your visit in '09. Know this nearly 2 years since this post but My sister is looking at Family Tree and has gone back some years now. My Dad is a Larkin (as I am of course) originally from Corcreagh / Raferagh. It would be The Edward Larkin side. Their were other Larkins there which if you need small information on I can give. Love to know any information you(s) have out there about any Larkin Relatives abroad!!
Thanks

Aidan

AidanL

Post by AidanL » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

MKelly

The names on your post seem to Link to mine. If you have any info it would be much apperciated.

Aidan

Lorraine Wingfield

Post by Lorraine Wingfield » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:23 am

I too am searching for my Larkin family. My Gt Gt Grandfather was Nicholas Larkin married to Anne Greenan of Carrickadooey in the Parish of Carrickmacross. My Gt Grandmother was their daughter Catherine who emigrated to England (Middlesborough) and was married to James Lynch who was also born in County Monahan. Any information gratefully received. Lorraine.